[Wine] New instalation advice wanted

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 06:11:54 CST 2005

David Johnson wrote:
> I have tried the current version, but it won't run Quicken at all.  If
> it won't run Quicken it's of no use to me.

Check the AppDB entry for Quicken:
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?appId=107

The information you need is probably about the newest version (2005).
The newest version is not displayed by default - you have to scroll
all the way down to the bottom to find it.

Once you're looking at the version you're using, there are hints and
installation tips in the description and/or the comments section.

Note that none of these things (unfortunately?) span multiple versions.
So it might be that there are relevant hints in other sections
(versions) than the one you're currently in.

Also, I think that Quicken is one of the apps that CrossOver
guarantees will run correctly, so you might want to check them out.

> When we actually have equipment, would someone be willing to volunteer
> some time to help us sort out problems as we install software?

Sure, if you live in a hot country and pay the plane ticket ;-).
Otherwise, that's what we're all here in wine-users for.