[Wine] Re: Fedora Core 4 system lockup with wine 200506.. - 0.9.1

Adam Gibson agibson at ptm.com
Mon Nov 14 08:36:32 CST 2005

Adam Gibson wrote:
> Rein Klazes wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 11:39:42 -0500, in gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user
>> you wrote:
>>

> -- cut

Using "Drivers"="winealsa.drv" or "none" did allow wine to start without
parameters where before it would crash but launching a wine app locked
things up again so things were a little better.

I finally decided to just remove the Diamond monster sound vortex2 card
and just use the built in motherboard audio(which was disabled) and now
wine works just fine.  It is a problem with the vortex driver it seems.
  It is strange that setting Drivers to none for Winmm still caused a
crash though.  You would think it would just ignore audio.

The vortex cards were abondonded years ago by diamond (199?).  It was
the first card that came out that supported multiple audio streams(even
before sb live) so I have stuck with the card because it was just there.
  Time for it to be retired I guess.

Thanks for the help