[Wine] WineTools 0.9 released

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Thu Nov 17 11:08:44 CST 2005

Am Do, Nov 17, 2005 at 12:55:24 +0100 schrieb Joachim von Thadden:
> Am Mi, Nov 16, 2005 at 05:28:32 -0800 schrieb Scott Ritchie:
> > Thanks for the new release, I'll get to work packaging it up for Debian.
> >
> > On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 00:28 +0100, Joachim von Thadden wrote:
> > > WineTools is a menu driven installer for installing about 90 Windows
> > > programs under the x86 (Athlon or Intel PC) processor architecture with
> > > the Linux operating system using Wine. This software lets you install
> > > the following Windows software:
> > >
> > >     * DCOM98
> >
> > Does Winetools really need to do this anymore?  I thought the need for
> > DCOM98 was pretty much gone.
> >
> > Also, does Winetools install the Mozilla ActiveX control properly?
>
> As I guess from your post you are searching for a M$ free solution.
> Well, we did not try, but you can! Go through the Base setup, but skip
> the installation of DCOM98 and IE6.  Instead try to install the Control
> and continue with WineTools setup.
>
> Do the installations of system software work? Can you install Office 2k
> and does it work?

I tried this without many success: without DCOM98 many things work but
you might get errors during installations. Without IE6 almost no M$
software works or onyl installs. Firefox and the Control do work with
the WineTools setup but as the IEPatcher just brings up the debugger it
is mainly useless and you can not change apps like lauge to use the
Control instead of IE.

Regards
	Joachim von Thadden
          Never run a touchy system!!!"