[Wine] Fonts broken in post-0.9.1 CVS

Andrew Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 18:56:52 CST 2005

Fonts on Wine CVS post-0.9.1 are very ugly:

http://www.oakcourt.dyndns.org/~andrew/wine-cvs.png

But if I replace a custom-built Wine CVS installation with the Wine 0.9.1
Debian sid package from Sourceforge, it looks much better:

http://www.oakcourt.dyndns.org/~andrew/wine-0.9.1-sf.net.png

I have the latest FreeType library from Debian unstable installed: 2.1.10.
The same version libfreetype6-dev package was used to build Wine CVS.

I poked around Wine CVS to see if I could figure out what changed to cause
the problem, but admittedly I really don't know where to look. I looked at the
changes for dlls/gdi/freetype.c and dlls/gdi/font.c but didn't see anything.

Interestingly, trying to get Shareaza to work with the builtin comctl32.dll
I used this patch:

http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-patches/2005/07/att-0140/01-patchcomctl3.diff

from WineHQ Bug #2659, and the same effect occurred. I had to hand-merge the
patch, so maybe I didn't do that right. Nonetheless the Wine CVS I'm using
is pristine unpatched from about 18 hours ago.

P.S. Another fellow appears to have similar problem:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user/11863

--
Andrew Barr
andrewbarr at columbus.rr.com | http://www.oakcourt.dyndns.org/~andrew/

Unix: starting things off with a sha-bang since the Epoch.