[Wine] Fonts broken in post-0.9.1 CVS

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Sat Nov 19 02:43:31 CST 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 19:56 -0500, Andrew Barr wrote:
> Fonts on Wine CVS post-0.9.1 are very ugly:
>
> http://www.oakcourt.dyndns.org/~andrew/wine-cvs.png
>
> But if I replace a custom-built Wine CVS installation with the Wine 0.9.1
> Debian sid package from Sourceforge, it looks much better:
>
> http://www.oakcourt.dyndns.org/~andrew/wine-0.9.1-sf.net.png
>
> I have the latest FreeType library from Debian unstable installed: 2.1.10.
> The same version libfreetype6-dev package was used to build Wine CVS.

Well, the packages aren't compiled on Debian sid, they're compiled on
Ubuntu Breezy, which was using version 2.1.7-2.4ubuntu1 of the Freetype
packages.  Perhaps there's been a regression in freetype from 2.1.7 to
2.1.10?

What happens if you compile version 0.9.1, sans patches, rather than
CVS?  Or you can do apt-get --build source wine using the winehq
package, and see if it replicates the problem.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie