[Wine] WineTools 0.9-II released

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Nov 20 00:37:50 CST 2005

I like WineTools, I certainly wouldn't bother with Wine without it. My
current employer uses Citrix Metaframe to run Epic Communication's Epic
software (comprehensive hospital management system). I installed the
Citrix client under Wine, use IE6 to go to the remote access portal,
click a Metaframe application, and it works just fine. It's actually
kind of interesting in a geeky sort of way to be using Linux to run WINE
to run the Citrix client to remotely use my Windows2000 desktop at the
office. OR, I can do it like I've done before - use Linux to run Win4Lin
to run Windows98 to run the Citrix client et al. Wine is MUCH faster!

So whatever I can do to make WineTools better is fine!

Joachim von Thadden wrote:
> Am Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 10:46:51AM -1000 schrieb david:
>
>> Also, website instructions say to type "wt", but there is no "wt"
>> command created anywhere. There IS a "wt0.9jo" created, though.
>> Perhaps
>
> wt is a symlink and is created in /usr/local/bin.

The wt I see there seems to be a directory. If I cd to it and run ls, I
get this:

david at eurolap:/usr/local/bin/wt$ ls
3rdParty     gettext.sh.dummy  LICENSE.txt  uninstall
wt-config.reg
chopctrl.pl  icon              listit       winetools-mdk.spec  Xdialog
doc          install           po           winetools.spec
Xdialog.builtin
findwine     INSTALL.txt       scripts      wt0.9jo

> And again: If you don't provide me any console output messages, how
> should I know what hapens on your system?

The message about Xdialog comes from Konqueror when I try to have it
extract the contents of the .gz file. I don't get that message when I
extract the archive using tar at a command line.

Here's what's in my console when installing and attempting to run
WineTools using the files extracted using tar:

root at eurolap:/tmp/winetools-0.9jo-II# ./install
Version: winetools-0.9
Release: 0.9
Installing WineTools to /usr/local/winetools...
Installing translations...
Installed translations for de_DE at euro to
/usr/local/share/locale/de_DE at euro/LC_MESSAGES/wt2.mo
Installed translations for es to
/usr/local/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/wt2.mo
Installed translations for fr to
/usr/local/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/wt2.mo
Installed translations for nb to
/usr/local/share/locale/nb/LC_MESSAGES/wt2.mo
Installed translations for pt_BR to
/usr/local/share/locale/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/wt2.mo
Start WineTools as *normal* user with "wt". Don't use as root!
root at eurolap:/tmp/winetools-0.9jo-II# exit
exit
david at eurolap:/tmp/winetools-0.9jo-II$ wt
bash: wt: command not found

CDing to /usr/local/winetools and trying it either of these two ways
does this:

david at eurolap:/usr/local/winetools$ wt
bash: wt: command not found
david at eurolap:/usr/local/winetools$ ./wt
bash: ./wt: No such file or directory

It runs successfully if I do this:
david at eurolap:/usr/local/winetools$ ./wt0.9jo
detecting Wine version... done.
Drive C: is /home/david/.wine/drive_c
Wine 0.9
wine is executed as wine
Parameters are --noexit
Browser is /usr/bin/firefox.
WINEVER is "0.9".
Version of Wine is OK.
Calls to wine are executed as  "wine".
Config is /home/david/.wine/winetools.log.

Before trying all this, I went to your site and downloaded a fresh copy,
just in case something had gotten corrupted the last time I downloaded it.

Hope that helps.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com