[Wine] Internet Explorer installs under wine as default Win2K but then crashes when run...

xyzzy1 at hotpop.com xyzzy1 at hotpop.com
Sun Nov 20 02:36:34 CST 2005

On Sunday 13 November 2005 16:14, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> This link is incorrect/outdated.
> You wanted to give one of these perhaps :
> http://frankscorner.org/files/system.reg.tgz
> http://frankscorner.org/files/systemreg55.tgz
> http://frankscorner.org/files/systemreg6.tgz
>
> --- Philipp Ludwig <mf2 at die-optimisten.net> a écrit :
> > Am Samstag 12 November 2005 19:34 schrieb xyzzy1 at hotpop.com:
> > > Am I missing something else?
> >
> > Download the file http://frankscorner.org/files/systemreg.tgz and import
> > them to your registry using regedit.

Thanks for the responses... I have not tried this yet.  I am resisting the
idea that I have to load >250K of garbage (?) registry entries into my wine
registry simply in order for Internet Explorer to work under Win2K.  Is this
right?  What are all those values for?  Does any other application need all
of this?

Also, what's the difference between system.reg and systemreg6 tgz files?  I am
trying to run IE 6 SP1.

Thanks for any help.