[Wine] Problems getting Gravity to run

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Fri Nov 18 12:57:21 CST 2005

Hi,

I'm having difficulties getting the news reader, Gravity, running
reliably.

Gravity installed okay, and I ran it for a single session.

During that test, the following messages appeared many times:
fixme:richedit:RichEditANSIWndProc EM_CHARFROMPOS: stub
fixme:richedit:RichEditANSIWndProc EM_LINEFROMCHAR: stub
fixme:richedit:RichEditANSIWndProc EM_LINEINDEX: stub
fixme:richedit:RichEditANSIWndProc EM_GETLINE: stub

And these on closing Gravity:
fixme:storage:StorageImpl_Commit (0): stub!
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
err:ole:CoReleaseMarshalData IMarshal::ReleaseMarshalData failed with
error 0x8001011d
Wine exited with a successful status

However, subsequent attempts to load Gravity fail, as follows:

$ wine gravity
err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface
{00000131-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
fixme:ole:OLEPictureImpl_Load Stat failed with hres 80004001
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
Usage: winedbg [--auto] [--gdb] cmdline

I'd appreciate any assistance to get this running. Thanks.

--
Best,
Marc