[Wine] getting corel draw/photopaint 9 to work

kwhiskers kwhiskers at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 14:40:01 CST 2005

I would like to use photopaint and draw 9 under wine.

I have followed the instructions of winehq.org <http://winehq.org>, namely
adding the .dlls from windows to the fake windows system directory. I only
have win xp, so i used those dlls. One of the noted dlls, commctl.dll, does
not exist in win xp, so i simply ignored it. the rest were there and i
copied them. i also made the changes to the wine configuration file, as
indicated.

the program installed well, but when I ran it, there were quite a few error
messages. The one that stood out was something about trying to load
twain.dll but only finding twain32.dll. There was also something about fonts
and a list of about 6 fonts appears.

I am not at home right now, so I cannot be more precise.

According to the very limitied information on winehq, the program is
supposed to work, but I have not gotten it to work, despite making the
changes as indicated.

--
kwhiskers{