[Wine] Re: How do I change the resolution Wine reports to the app?

Pere pmoncho at cetib.ictnet.es
Sat Nov 26 10:01:56 CST 2005

David D. Hagood wrote:

> Now that all configuration has been moved into the registry, how do I
> tell Wine to report a different DPI to the application than X reports?
>
> The reason I am asking is that I have several Windows apps that do not
> correctly render text boxes - evidently the app is being told that the
> size a given piece of text will require is different than the size the
> text actually will require - as a result the text does not fit into the
> space allocated for it.
>
> Also, most Windows apps seem to be using .5 point flyspeck as the
> fontsize - I have to use X's ability to change the screen size (ALT-KP+)
> to really see the apps - it is as though they were targets to 640x480,
> and I am running 1600x1200.
>
> Yes, I realize that many windows programmers are horrid and use actual
> pixel sizes rather than point sizes, and fixed-size dialogs, and other
> atrocities against mankind, and that there is little Wine can do in such
> cases - but what can I do to improve things?

Hi David, I'm reading your mail about the problem to change the resolution
that Wine reports to app.

I'm the same problem with an specific application, don't work because it
"says" the screen resolution is too small.

In the news I don't see any good answer, have you solved the problem?, can
you say me how?, thanks in advance.