[Wine] Re: installing apps correctly

Marius Schrecker marius at schrecker.org
Mon Nov 28 01:47:35 CST 2005

Duane wrote:
> Hmm... well I just tested a VFP 7 app with a CVS version of Wine from
> about Nov 6. It seems to work okay for me. Of course, that doesn't help
> you. Does it not find any of the DLLs? What do you get from
>   WINEDEBUG=loaddll;wine C:\[pathto]application.exe

Sorry, it seems I was a little sloppy in my description of the problem.

The messeges I'm getting are:

after:
$ WINEDEBUG=loaddll;wine C:\\Programme\\OPAS\\opas.exe

1.   Program Error: API library is not found
2. Cannot load 32-bit DLL Shell32.dll  (this one should not be substituted
with the windows native version)
3.Error OPAS 8-19.020:
          Error-Number 1753
          Error: Cannot load 32-bit DLL user32
          Command: DO c:\programme\opas\opas.exe
          Modul: CSTAPPLICATION.SET
          Line-Number: 0       (ditto above)
4.Error OPAS 8-19.020:
          Error-Number 1753
          Error: Cannot load 32-bit DLL gdi32
          Command: DO c:\programme\opas\opas.exe
          Modul: CSTAPPLICATION.SET
          Line-Number: 0       (ditto above)
5.Error OPAS 8-19.020:
          Error-Number 1
          Error: File 'getdc.prg' does not exist.
          Command: DO c:\programme\opas\opas.exe
          Modul: CSTAPPLICATION.SET
          Line-Number: 0
6.Error OPAS 8-19.020:
          Error-Number 1
          Error: File 'getdevicecaps.prg' does not exist.
          Command: DO c:\programme\opas\opas.exe
          Modul: CSTAPPLICATION.SET
          Line-Number: 0
 7.Error OPAS 8-19.020:
          Error-Number 1
          Error: File 'releasedc.prg' does not exist.
          Command: DO c:\programme\opas\opas.exe
          Modul: CSTAPPLICATION.SET
          Line-Number: 0

After that the program fails to find the maion vfp database.

WINEDEBUG gives no output.

I think the answer is in setting the top level application directory in
the registry.
Starting the app from its own top level directory gives many of the same
warnings, but the app then starts. I think this may have to do with dll
overrides so will send a separate post on the issue.

Cheers

Marius