[Wine] Printing in Wine using lpr

Jens Svalgaard Kohrt svalle at imada.sdu.dk
Wed Nov 30 02:17:54 CST 2005

Hi.

The Wine documentation only mentions CUPS and says that using CUPS your
printers will be detected automatically.

I assume that it is possible to make Wine work with lpr(ng) instead of
CUPS, but have been unable to find any documentation or HOWTO on how to
make this work, alternatively and even better a shell-script which
automatically creates the proper setup using the system printcap file (or
an extension to winecfg?)

Can anybody point me into the right direction on how to do this?

Changing to CUPS is not an option, since I have to use the same system as
everybody else in my department.

By the way, I am using wine 0.9.2 (and winetools 0.9jo-II) on a Gentoo
system.

Thanks,

Jens Svalgaard Kohrt
--
http://imada.sdu.dk/~svalle/address.php
Calculating in binary code is as easy as 01, 10, 11.