[Wine] Seagate floppy creator program doesnt work

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Sun Oct 2 23:37:39 CDT 2005

On Monday 03 October 2005 04:41, James E. LaBarre wrote:

> Just as an aside (this doesn't solve your particular problem, I
> know), you should also email Seagate Customer Service (and CC the
> sales department), and politely remind them that not everyone is
> using Windows, and that they should take that into consideration

This is what I usually do as well. But in Seagate's case they actually
also offer an ISO-image that you can put on a CDROM. Unfortunately I
don't have a CD burner. The easiest would have been if they just
provided 2 image files of these disks instead of a diskmaker tool. But,
hey, i have an idea, i create a large DOS partition on the harddrive,
get the ISO image, mount it, copy the content to the DOS partition,
reboot, start DOS from a floppy disk and have access to the stuff on
the new DOS partition.

Malte