[Wine] Wine 20050930 problems

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 09:33:43 CDT 2005

Steve Kelem wrote:
>    1. I deleted my .wine directory.
>    2. I run "wine". It says:
>       wine: creating configuration directory '/local/home/skelem/.wine'...

Wine's recreating your .wine directory, fine..

>       err:module:import_dll Library rpcrt4.dll (which is needed by
>       L"c:\\windows\\system32\\setupapi.dll") not found
>       err:rundll32:main Unable to load L"setupapi.dll"
>       wine: '/local/home/skelem/.wine' created successfully.

That's odd.  I wonder why wine needs that DLL to create your
wineprefix directory?
Not so odd that it cannot find it though, as it's usually located
under .wine/windows/system, which presumably doesn't exist yet.....

>       Wine 20050930
>       Usage: wine PROGRAM [ARGUMENTS...]   Run the specified program
>              wine --help                   Display this help and exit
>              wine --version                Output version information
>       and exit

You need to do as it says, starting wine with f.x. "wine regedit.exe"
or "wine starcraft.exe" etc.

There's no default desktop application that starts up when you just
tap in 'wine'.  You can set an application to start up per default
somewhere in the registry, I think, if you want to.