[Wine] Problems installing Watchguard Firebox System software in wine (installshield)

Kevin Hanser kevin at mica.net
Mon Oct 17 16:42:57 CDT 2005

Hmmm.. this is strange.  Today, I wanted to use my Watchguard software
(v7.3) under wine to configure a new firebox.  I went to the software,
it all ran ok, but when I try to save it says that there's something
messed up with my installation and I don't have the files required for
this firebox version.

So, I decided to try to re-install the software and see if I could get
these "missing parts" installed.  However, now when I try to run the
Watchguard installer, Wine gives me this message and won't run the

"An installation support file could not be installed (0x8000ffff)"

I'm confused... why would it run last week, but not today...?  AFAIK, I
haven't changed anything in my wine installation between then and now...

Any ideas on what this message means and how I can get around it?