[Wine] how do I (now) specify wine "Path"? And where is --debugmsg ?

John Lumby johnlumby at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 19 10:35:18 CDT 2005

Two questions if I may.   I had previously been using wine 20041019.     In
that wine, the .wine dir had a config file where you could specify
[wine]
"Path" = "C:\\Windows;C:\\Windows\\System"

Also with that wine, there was an option on the wine command    --debugmsg

I've upgraded to wine 20050930 and can't find either of these.       My
specific problem was, I am trying to run quicktax 2003 under wine, and it
reported this:

XXXX.dll (which is needed by L"C:\...yyyy.dll") not found

for various win/nt dlls.     I eventually discovered that copying them into
~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
did the trick, but that was by trial and error - I would have preferred to
copy them into some other dir and specify that.   And I would have liked to
be able to get the --debugmsg to tell me that with the +dll and +loaddll.

John