[Wine] path and configuration

Denis denismpa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 11:08:56 CDT 2005

Hello Dan!!!!!

I have good news!!!

that problem with the VB6 application installation i solved with the
advice u sent here:

"Stop right there!  If you're using a recent (July 2005 or later)
Wine, you need to do things differently.  ~/.wine/config
is no longer used at all.
It's all controlled by ~/.wine/dosdevices"

I created a Symlink to /tmp called x: and the installation worked Ok!!!!

But at time, do u know where can I find updated documentation to wine?

I'm asking couse have some other things that I've configured on
~/.wine/config besides the drives map that is not working too

e.g. the path to windows and system directories:

I asking for it cause my wine is just recognizing these paths on the
win98 directories structures. its doesn't work with the win2k
structure folders I thinked that it could be because the path and os
version to emulate

"Windows" = "C:\\WINNT"
"System" = "C:\\WINNT\\system32"

instead of

"Windows" = "C:\\Windows"
"System" = "C:\\Windows\\system"

[Version]
; Windows version to imitate
(win95,win98,winme,nt351,nt40,win2k,winxp,win2k3,win20,win30,win31)
"Windows" = "win2k"
; DOS version to imitate
;"DOS" = "6.22"

instead of

[Version]
; Windows version to imitate
(win95,win98,winme,nt351,nt40,win2k,winxp,win2k3,win20,win30,win31)
"Windows" = "win98"
; DOS version to imitate
;"DOS" = "6.22"

Now, with the application istalled, I'll fight to run and use it ;-)

thanks until now!!!

Denis Marcelo