[Wine] Re: Problem with strings in Delphi Program

Yves Glodt y.glodt at sitasoftware.lu
Fri Oct 28 02:27:30 CDT 2005

Yves Glodt wrote:
> On Thursday 27 October 2005 11:40, Jonathan Ernst wrote:
>> Hi,
> Hi and thanks for the fast answer
>> What version of Wine are you using ?
> I am using version 20050930 from debian sid, and I am currently checking out
> cvs and will compile it to see if I can reproduce the problem...

To come back to the news, with cvs from yesterday my software works
fine, even very fine, apart of that I can't print (from notepad I can,
will look into that today...)

But there is something strange however...

We made a testcase, and it still shows the problem that we had
initially. You can download it here:

For testing, just launch it in console "wine winetest.exe", and press
the 2 buttons alternately (and select other values from the combobox),
you will see that the text output on console is not the same between both.

(bug = strings get some additional chars at the end when using "string"