[Wine] wine 0.9: version GLIBC_2.3.4 not defined in file libc.so.6

Dan Kegel daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 13:38:14 CDT 2005

On 10/28/05, Alexander Fieroch <fieroch at web.de> wrote:
> I've just updated to wine 0.9 and now I get following error when running
> diablo2:

Where did you get your wine-0.9?  Did you build it yourself, or did
you download
a binary package?

> err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin
> L"dbghelp.dll": /usr/lib/wine/dbghelp.dll.so: symbol regexec, version
> GLIBC_2.3.4 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
>
> I'm running debian sarge and I do have installed libstdc++6, libc6 and I
> also should have GLIBC_2.3.4:
>
> # strings /lib/libc.so.6 | grep GLIB

Since it was complaining about regexec, look for that specifically, e.g.

dank:~$ nm /lib/libc.so.6 | grep regexec
00105f10 t __compat_regexec
000acd10 t __regexec
000acd10 T regexec@@GLIBC_2.3.4
00105f10 T regexec at GLIBC_2.0