[Wine] Printing with Photoshop 6.0

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht at linopus.de
Mon Sep 5 05:07:36 CDT 2005

Dear readers of this list,

I have a working CUPS-based printing configuration, which I can use for
example to print documents with Microsoft Office 2000 programs which I run
with wine (CrossOver Office 4).

However, Photoshop 6.0 run with wine just shows my printers (the same which
work e.g. with Microsoft Word) in its printing dialog, but does not print.
The only working button in the Photoshop printing dialog is "Cancel". If I
open a document and press the print button, the log file shows the following
print related messages:

fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_ExtEscape GETSETPRINTORIENT not implemented (data (nil))!
fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_SetUpPrinterListComboA Can't find 'tp0' in printer list
so trying to find default
fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_SetUpPrinterListComboA Can't find default printer in
printer list
fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_UpdatePrintDlgA No lpdm ptr?
fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_WMCommandA Update printdlg was not successful!
fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_UpdatePrintDlgA No lpdm ptr?
fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_WMCommandA Update printdlg was not successful!

Have other users made similar experiences, and is there a way to solve this
problem?

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht