[Wine] WINE ALSA MIDI

dwaynec dwaynec at clear.net.nz
Mon Sep 5 06:20:17 CDT 2005

Hello,
    I am having trouble with wine and midi, and also the new winecfg vs
config file setup.
I have looked through old emails faqs etc and on frank's corner but
nothing seems to be able to get the midi output out of wine and onwards
towards my soundcard. The program I am having trouble with is called
Power tab. I am running 'timidity -iA' with a GM soundfont and confirm
that it is working by hooking it up to rosegarden, my ALSA setup is also
in good order. When I start powertab 'wine ..PTEditor' it works fine, it
will even let me choose from a list of midi devices: Sound card,
timidity , timidity etc. But no matter which one I choose I cannot get
the midi to play. It looks like it should be working.  I have read the
page on Multimedia configuration in the developers guide but am having
trouble  working ou what to do next .  Also when I check  in the
registry  the following values are not present :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\MIDIMap

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Midi\Schemes\%name_of_scheme%

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Midi\Ports\%driver_name%

though they are listed on that page.
Also here is my output from the setpup program for powertab.

fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"CCPSearch"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"RMCCPSearch"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"ValidateProduc
tID"
fixme:msi:ACTION_CostFinalize cost should be diff in size
fixme:msi:msi_dialog_pathedit_control not implemented properly
err:msi:msi_dialog_create_controls no handler for element type L"ProgressBar"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"CCPSearch"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"RMCCPSearch"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"ValidateProduc
tID"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"SetODBCFolders
"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"RemoveExisting
Products"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"AllocateRegist
rySpace"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"MsiUnpublishAs
semblies"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"UnpublishCompo
nents"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"UnpublishFeatu
res"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"UnregisterComP
lus"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"SelfUnregModul
es"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"UnregisterType
Libraries"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"RemoveODBC"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"UnregisterFont
s"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"RemoveRegistry
Values"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"UnregisterClas
sInfo"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"UnregisterExte
nsionInfo"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"UnregisterProg
IdInfo"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"UnregisterMIME
Info"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"RemoveIniValue
s"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"RemoveShortcut
s"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"RemoveEnvironm
entStrings"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"RemoveDuplicat
eFiles"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"RemoveFiles"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"RemoveFolders"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"MoveFiles"
fixme:msi:ACTION_InstallFiles Write DiskPrompt
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"PatchFiles"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"BindImage"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"WriteEnvironme
ntStrings"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"InstallODBC"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"RegisterComPlu
s"
fixme:msi:ACTION_RegisterProduct Flesh out more information
fixme:msi:ACTION_RegisterProduct Write real Estimated Size when we have it
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action L"MsiPublishAsse
mblies"
fixme:msi:ACTION_PublishProduct Need to write more keys to the user registry

So it looks to me like the installer isn't adding the right entries into
the registry, and that the midi data is getting lost. But I am not sure.
And I don't know how to fix it.

I would appreciate any help

Cheers
Dwayne