[Wine] .dll and resolution error when run C&C Generals

Patrick Carlson firefly2442 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 21:28:19 CDT 2005

Hello. I am using Ubuntu Hoary with wine. I got the loki installer (
http://www.liflg.org) for Command and Conquer Generals. I ran it and it
installed fine but when I try to run the game it says this:

-----------
Please use the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
to set the screen resolution and remove the "Resolution" entry in the config
file
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCIRT.dll (which is needed by
L"Z:\\home\\patrick\\generals\\game.dat") not found
err:module:import_dll Library d3d8.dll (which is needed by
L"Z:\\home\\patrick\\generals\\game.dat") not found

 I've seen that same message about changing the resolution for a couple of
the games that I've installed (none of which work yet). Do I need to
configure Wine some more? Thanks for the help!