[Wine] DCOM98 install problem

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Sep 6 20:27:46 CDT 2005

On Tue September 6 2005 9:05 pm, Dan Sawyer wrote:
> What does defaults to w2k mean? What are the assumptions about
> operations? Is the winecfg command to reset it effective?

If you go to winehq's home page, they have the summary of the new features
right on the front page. If you read that, you'll know as much as I. I
presume that what it means is that any software that you try to install, that
does an OS version check, will get back the response that it is dealing with
W2k. I believe that previously, the default emulation was W98.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong - I'm still pretty new to this.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA