[Wine] WINE on FreeBSD: Dark 3D applications

Travis Poppe tlp at liquidx.org
Fri Sep 9 19:29:11 CDT 2005

Hello WINE users,

From time to time I use WINE to play games such as Max Payne and recently
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. However, for some reason both games (or any 3D
game, I imagine) appear to be very dark. The in-game brightness either has
very little noticeable effect or none at all.

I'm running FreeBSD 6.0-BETA4 and WINE 20050830 with an nVidia GeForce 4 MX
440 and the official nvidia-driver-1.0.7667.

I know that this behavior hasn't always been present, but its been so long
since I've used WINE to play various games that it'd be hard to sort out the
variables that have changed in an attempt to fix the problem.

Does anyone have a clue as to what might be causing this? Its very difficult
to play a game when you can't see it. :-)

Thanks,
--
Travis Poppe
IRC: tlp @ irc.freenode.net