[Wine] help with 20050830

xyzzy1 at hotpop.com xyzzy1 at hotpop.com
Sat Sep 10 15:01:27 CDT 2005

I am having some, what I would consider to be, strange problems with this
release.  Hope someone can clue me in.  Nothing about this in Bugzilla.

Fedora core 4, wine compiled from tarball download.  Did ./tools/wineinstall,
added /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf; /sbin/ldconfig

executing winecfg gives:
err:wave:OSS_WaveOutInit open(/dev/mixer1) failed (No such file or directory)
err:wave:OSS_WaveInInit open(/dev/mixer1) failed (No such file or directory)

Trying to install Internet Explorer 6 SP1 with WINEDLLOVERRIDES="advpack=n"
wine ie6setup.exe: It gets to the point where it needs to connect to the
Internet and fails.  The Internet obviously works for me in Linux native
mode.  How do I configure the network and other things that I can't find on
the "winecfg" app menu?

There is no ~/.wine/config file.

Thanks in advance for any help.