[Wine] Printing in Wine 20050725

fwy fwyeadon at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 11 12:44:45 CDT 2005

Thanks for the advice.  I was indeed missing several
development libraries, including libcupsys2-dev
(Debian's counterpart to 'cups-devel' I believe) and
various other required lib*-dev packages.  However,
even after rebuilding wine the 'Debian way' using
dpkg-buildpackage -b with no missing dependencies, the
printing problem is unchanged.  (In my first try, I
had compiled using wineinstall.)

Specifically, when I try printing from IE, the
'Print...' command does nothing.  When I do 'Print
Setup...', I receive a Windows 'No default printer
defined' error dialog box and see the following Wine
console message which seems like it might be relevant.

wine: Call from 0x7d1025ea to unimplemented function
ntdll.dll.RtlDllShutdownInProgress, aborting

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thx.