[Wine] Re: Running Pegasus Mail v4.21c under Linux via WINE v20050830 issues

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Sep 14 00:59:38 CDT 2005

Schwartzel wrote:
> I'm running SuSe linux professional v9.3 with wine v20050830.
> I have created a link to a windows (smb) shared folder containing my
> shared Pegasus mailbox in
> ~/.wine/dosdevices/c: folder. The share is created on boot.
> I installed Pegasus v4.21c using wine /path/to/w32-421c.exe
> Pegasus is run from a kde shortcut that executes
> wine winpm-32.exe -Z 128
>
> All functions work but there are two issues:
>
> 1. When opening a mail from a separate new mail window,
> the email opens behind the new mail window which must be minimised to
> see the mail.

Hmm, I used to use Pegasus, but never got beyond v3.12c. I undestand
that this problem happens with the Pegasus v4.x series under Windows, too.

Here's a link to a knowledgebase about Pegasus:

http://wwwbzs.tu-graz.ac.at/software/pegasus/en/knowledgebase/baseindex.html

And one to the official Pegasus Mail knowledgebase:

http://kbase.pmail.gen.nz/

> 2. When exiting or closing the Pegasus mail window, the window stops
> responding,
> and must be closed with alt F4 or killed. This is not the case when -
> Z 128 is not used,
> leading me to think that this may be curable somehow.
> (I have only been using linux for 4 days and wine for 2 days).

Hmmm, why are you using the "-z 128" flag ("blindload the winsock.dll")
in the first place? If you can send and receive email without using this
flag, then you don't need it. It may be causing the problem.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community