[Wine] Re: Running Pegasus Mail v4.21c under Linux via WINE v20050830 issues

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Sep 14 00:59:38 CDT 2005

Schwartzel wrote:
> I'm running SuSe linux professional v9.3 with wine v20050830.
> I have created a link to a windows (smb) shared folder containing my
> shared Pegasus mailbox in
> ~/.wine/dosdevices/c: folder. The share is created on boot.
> I installed Pegasus v4.21c using wine /path/to/w32-421c.exe
> Pegasus is run from a kde shortcut that executes
> wine winpm-32.exe -Z 128
> All functions work but there are two issues:
> 1. When opening a mail from a separate new mail window,
> the email opens behind the new mail window which must be minimised to
> see the mail.

Hmm, I used to use Pegasus, but never got beyond v3.12c. I undestand
that this problem happens with the Pegasus v4.x series under Windows, too.

Here's a link to a knowledgebase about Pegasus:

And one to the official Pegasus Mail knowledgebase:

> 2. When exiting or closing the Pegasus mail window, the window stops
> responding,
> and must be closed with alt F4 or killed. This is not the case when -
> Z 128 is not used,
> leading me to think that this may be curable somehow.
> (I have only been using linux for 4 days and wine for 2 days).

Hmmm, why are you using the "-z 128" flag ("blindload the winsock.dll")
in the first place? If you can send and receive email without using this
flag, then you don't need it. It may be causing the problem.

gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community