[Wine] How to extract icons?

theUser BL theuserbl at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 15 07:36:53 CDT 2005

Hi!

If I have a Windows-program, which comes with an installer and the program
wants to create icons on the desktop, then Wine creates on the desktop a
link to the installed program, extract an xpm icon from it and use it as
icon for the desktop.
But if I have a program with no installer and I want to bring it manually on
the desktop (what I already have done), how can I extract the nice icon from
an Windows EXE-file?
Comes Wine with a command-line program, which doing it?
What have I to input, to become a xpm of an EXE-icon?

Greatings
theuserbl