[Wine] help with 20050830 - IE6setup now?

Łukasz Hejnak sziftgroup at wp.pl
Thu Sep 15 16:46:30 CDT 2005

xyzzy1 at hotpop.com wrote:
> Yes, I am now at the point where I am getting IE6setup refusing to download
> files at this version which is calling itself Win2K.  Is there some sort of
> workaround for this?  I can't find anything about this on the Internet.

Well, all I can say, been there, done that, just today ;]
And my workaround was to download a 20050628 wine version
(from sourceforge: wget
should do it )
and then go to http://sidenet.ddo.jp/winetips/config.html
download the sidenet installer and enjoy ;]

..well there was one more thing, since I don't host `which` I needed a
script to replace that, but as I know my PATH's are set like they
should, I just run that over with a:
cat > /usr/bin/which << "EOF"
exec $@
chmod +x /usr/bin/which
and that's all ;)
simple eh? :]

after this the ./setup goes just great

ah, yes.. unless You have wine installed in /usr/local not /usr
then You have to get rid of another check that stops the ./setup
just delete lines 102-108 of the file, should do no harm and make the
./setup finish it's course..

If anything else should bother You, write it, the People here are Great
and will give You an answer quick

Best wishes
Łukasz Hejnak
szift at szift.org