[Wine] help with 20050830 - IE6setup now?

Łukasz Hejnak sziftgroup at wp.pl
Thu Sep 15 16:46:30 CDT 2005

xyzzy1 at hotpop.com wrote:
> Yes, I am now at the point where I am getting IE6setup refusing to download
> files at this version which is calling itself Win2K.  Is there some sort of
> workaround for this?  I can't find anything about this on the Internet.

Well, all I can say, been there, done that, just today ;]
And my workaround was to download a 20050628 wine version
(from sourceforge: wget
http://mesh.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/wine/Wine-20050628.tar.gz
should do it )
and then go to http://sidenet.ddo.jp/winetips/config.html
download the sidenet installer and enjoy ;]

..well there was one more thing, since I don't host `which` I needed a
script to replace that, but as I know my PATH's are set like they
should, I just run that over with a:
cat > /usr/bin/which << "EOF"
#!/bin/sh
exec $@
EOF
chmod +x /usr/bin/which
and that's all ;)
simple eh? :]

after this the ./setup goes just great

ah, yes.. unless You have wine installed in /usr/local not /usr
then You have to get rid of another check that stops the ./setup
just delete lines 102-108 of the file, should do no harm and make the
./setup finish it's course..

If anything else should bother You, write it, the People here are Great
and will give You an answer quick

--
Best wishes
Łukasz Hejnak