[Wine] weine & baan erp windows client

Matthias Henze lists at mhcsoftware.de
Mon Sep 26 02:40:50 CDT 2005

(again, sorry forgot the list as cc ...)

hi dan, thans for the reply,

Am Sonntag 25 September 2005 21:03 schrieb Dan Kegel:
> On 9/25/05, Matthias Henze <lists at mhcsoftware.de> wrote:
> > i've setup wine with winetools and installed the baan cleint for windows.
> > at a first sight every thing seems to work. a closer look showed a font
> > problem. when you look at the atatched jpg's you can see, that the
> > numbers do not fit the entry field. compare linux.jpg and windows.jpg.
> > i'm not shure if this is a font problem or some thing else. sadly this is
> > a killerapplication for the migration of about 400 destops to linux.
>
> For what it's worth, I think the Baan client has an entry in the Wine App
> DB at http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?appId=586
> Perhaps you should add a comment there describing your
> experiences with the Baan client under Wine.
> Be sure to then vote for this app!
>
> A few questions:
> 1) Which version of Wine are you using?

as suggestest by wine tools: 20041019

> 2) What happens if you try installing it without winetools,
>     using the latest monthly snapshot of Wine (August 2005)?
>     I show how to do this at http://kegel.com/wine/qa/#getting.started

20050310 (ubuntu) and i've also tried crossover office and both show exactly
the same behaviour.

i've not yet tried to build a snapshot.

> 3) What's the best URL at http://www.baan.com to learn about the
>     app you're running?

AFAIK there are no pbulic pages.

> 4) How can a Wine developer get a copy of this app for testing?

ask baan i fear. BUT: you also need a baan server to connect to in order to
reproduce the problem. i fear this is no option.

> 5) The quickest route to getting this bug fixed might be to
>     contract with Codeweavers - might this be an option for you?

yes, and i will ask them too ...

an other question: the baan clinet seems to use the fixedsys font with
windows. by now i've found no way to use this font with wine. is ther a
solution for this. read many things about fonts with out any success.

TIA
matthias

Matthias Henze                matthias at mhcsoftware.de

Use PGP!! http://www.mhcsoftware.de/MatthiasHenze.asc
MHC SoftWare GmbH          voice: +49-(0)9533-92006-0
Fichtera 17                  fax: +49-(0)9533-92006-6
96274 Itzgrund/Germany    e-Mail: info at mhcsoftware.de