[Wine] font problem

Randall Walls rwalls at gwi.net
Mon Sep 26 21:22:46 CDT 2005

Wine, by default, uses X11 fonts for rendering. In addition, it will
look at fonts in the c:/windows/fonts directory, and use these in place
of standard X11 fonts. Last I knew, it could use fonts from either
location, but not both, meaning that if any fonts exist in
c:/windows/fonts they will be the only ones used, otherwise X11 fonts
are used. Solution is to place all of the fonts you need into the
windows/fonts directory, or better yet, make windows/fonts a symlink to
your current fonts directory.

ln -s /path/to/fonts /home/me/.wine/c/windows/fonts

Hope that helps. Please someone correct me if this has changed.

Randall Walls