[Wine] Re: New user

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 18:24:38 CDT 2005

The problem it isn't in permissions i am openning the app using the
superuser, and the app opens the port 1714, so it is not a permissions
The problem is that the application opens several threads (normally 6) to
manage the connections, maybe wine doesn't support very well multithreading,
i don't know.
The fact is that the win app when opened with wine doesn't opens the
corresponding port, i have tested it with nmap.
Any advice????

On 9/30/05, Holly Bostick <motub at planet.nl> wrote:
> Jonathan Ernst schreef:
> > If the port number is below 100 (I think), then by default only root can
> > run programs that can listen on these ports.
> As far as I know (but I don't claim expertise), only root can utilize
> ports <1024 (not 100).

Yes you are right.

> Holly

Un saludo