[Wine] Re: err:font:ReadFontDir

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Sat Apr 1 16:26:06 CST 2006

I get the same behaviour, and I am compiling my own Wine for years.
The directory wasnt created by make install,
and no font was put in here.

And I really wonder why we get path like /usr/local/bin/../lib/../share
(this happens for wine processes too)

--- Duane Clark <dclark at akamail.com> a écrit :

> Molle Bestefich wrote:
> > I get this when running, well, anything under Wine (including fx. "winecfg"):
> >
> > err:font:ReadFontDir Can't open directory
> > "/usr/local/bin/../lib/../share/wine/fonts/"
> >
> > Where does Wine get the path "/usr/local/share/wine/fonts/" from?
> >
> > What exactly is it supposed to contain (don't just say "fonts" ;-))?
>
> Did you compile your own Wine, or get binaries from somewhere?
>
> Wine source code now comes with a set of font description files. If you
> compile your own Wine and you have fontforge, then the fonts will be
> built and installed into "/usr/local/share/wine/fonts/" by default.
>
> I am not sure where Wine actually gets the path from. It is not in the
> registry files, so apparently it is compiled into Wine?

Kind regards,
Sylvain Petreolle (aka Usurp)
Tired of a proprietary Windows on your computer ?
Use free ReactOS instead ( http://www.reactos.org )