[Wine] Re: err:font:ReadFontDir

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 17:06:51 CDT 2006

> Did you compile your own Wine, or get binaries from somewhere?

Wine pulled from Git.

I have no clue how Git works.  Did a 'git | grep -E "^  " | wc -w' and
found that there are 108 standard commands.  Gave up when I saw that
:-).

But it seems to automatically switch to whatever the newest tag
designated by AJ is (instead of using HEAD), so that would mean that
it's a home-compiled v0.9.10.

> Wine source code now comes with a set of font description files. If you
> compile your own Wine and you have fontforge, then the fonts will be
> built and installed into "/usr/local/share/wine/fonts/" by default.

Ah, thanks!

> The directory wasnt created by make install,

Same here, although the parent 'wine' directory does exist.

> The Path-Names are now relative, so wine is able to find the
> libraries and data-files also when not installed

Aye?

> or installed in a different location.

Ok, I think I get the gist of it, thanks :-).

But still, it says:
"/usr/local/bin/../lib/../share/wine/fonts/"

Which is odd, because besides from going to the parent directory of
the 'wine' binary (bin/..) and then descending into 'lib'...... it
then goes one level up *again* before descending into 'share'.  Could
be a bug?

> And my guess would be this one, from Mar 9:
> http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-cvs/2006-March/021502.html

Of course, Dmitry again.  *Sighs*