[Wine] Wine 0.9.11 and Visual Foxpro 9

Markus Winhard mw at bingo-ev.de
Fri Apr 7 22:12:53 CDT 2006

Hi Linda,

<< I am trying to install Visual FoxPro 9 with wine. >>

    I tried the same last november for my linux session at the european
foxpro conference and wasn't successful, too. My workaround was to
install vfp9 on a windows machine and copy to the linux machine
afterwards. As there's a service pack 1 for vfp9 available from
microsoft's site you should install it before copying. SP1 can only be
installed on a machine where vfp9 was installed correctly.

    Other files you have to copy are msvcr71.dll, gdiplus.dll and the
whole "\program files\common files\microsoft shared\vfp\" directory.
If you need ODBC or OLE DB just install the MDAC package. Some parts
of the vfp IDE are using internet explorer so you have to install it,
too. If you need msxml and such stuff, too, you can get it either from
microsoft or (much easier) just use the prolib vfp9 runtime installer:

 ftp://ftp.prolib.de/Public/VFP9SP1RT.exe

Vfp is able to write its registry entries again on demand (but that's
not necessary to have it working):

 vfp9.exe /regserver

After this everything but large tooltips and the WAIT WINDOW command
should work correctly. After years these two bugs are still not fixed in
wine. :-(((

HTH,

Markus Winhard
Ingolstadt / Germany