[Wine] Wine 0.9.11 and Visual Foxpro 9

Markus Winhard mw at bingo-ev.de
Sat Apr 8 10:04:43 CDT 2006

Hi Linda,

<< do you just copy the directory it is under in "Program Files", no
other "hidden" guys to seek out and collect? >>

    yes. This directory and all its subdirectories. This directory and
the two DLLs (msvcr71.dll, gdiplus.dll) is enough to get vfp running.

    The other things I mentioned in my previous post are optional.

<< Do you think that one installed using Windows XP would work? >>

    Yes. It doesn't matter on which windows version you installed vfp9.

<< My only other two are Windows 95 and NT? >>

    No Luck. The vfp9 installer demands at least win2k. Should you ever
need the vfp development environment on Win95 or NT4 you will have to
use the "copy" method as with linux. In addition you will have to
install the latest os service pack and some additional dlls manually.
Not really fun ;-).

    I know that this procedure works for Win98 and I'm quite sure it
will work for NT4 SP6a as long as the latest Internet Explorer is
installed. I never heard that someone tried it on Win95.

    Compiled apps and the vfp9 runtime are a different story. They work
on Win98 and NT4 (at least vfp9 sp1). I never heard that someone
deployed a vfp9 app on a win95 machine.

HTH,

Markus Winhard
Ingolstadt / Germany