[Wine] nikon coolscan V

Francesco Pietra frapietra at alice.it
Tue Apr 11 12:05:42 CDT 2006

yes, i noticed with thanks your suggestion. i had heard about vuescan but i
had also forgotten. from internet it seems that it supports digital ice,
which i need for my old and scratched films. now i am short of time but as
soon as i resume digitalizing my collection of films i plan to visit vuescan.
incidentally, although i am a unix user, both linux at home and bsd on
institutional mainframe, i have nothing against proprietary software,
especially when there is no need to modify the code, as with drivers. i pay
for them with satisfaction. it is different with computational programs (both
mechanical and quantum mechanical): proprietary software withouth source code
where to intervene does not allow to do the job transparently, resulting in
blind actions and finally a waste of time for users.'
regards from lucca
francesco pietra