[Wine] Re: IE stopped working after update

Jonathan Ernst Jonathan at ErnstFamily.ch
Tue Apr 25 09:39:09 CDT 2006

Le mardi 25 avril 2006 à 09:08 -0500, Wade Smart a écrit :
> 04252006 0906 GMT-6
>
> Apparently sometime in the last two weeks my Internet Explorer stopped
> working. My son said one day a message popped up and said Updates
> Available from Ubuntu so he did the update and he thought Wine was one
> of them. Anyway, I have to have IE for a IE only site.

I guess you used some automatic technique to make IE work (winetools,
ies4linux). If that's the case these versions won't work anymore with
current Wine.

> What can I do to figure out why it is not now starting?

Use the manual install method of the AppDB
(http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?versionId=469) or use ies4linux 2.0
beta
(http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/blog/2006/04/25/fresh-news-ies4linux-20-beta1-and-many-improvements/)  which works with current Wine.

Regards.