[Wine] DCOM

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 02:00:11 CDT 2006

Francesco Pietra wrote:
> OK, be not worried by a naive question: you mean that DCOM98 is implemented in
> wine 0.9.12 so that when trying to install a Windows application on wine
> there is no need to install DCOM98 (or 95) before. Correct?

Some of it is.

I've downloaded DCOM98 from MS and opened the .exe with WinRar,
comparing each DLL file with the index of Wine DLLs at
http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/.  Far from all of them are
there, but then again some of them are probably extremely rarely used
by applications.

There's also the status page at http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/,
but it's not automatically updated from code, so I'd expect it to be
rather outdated - I don't know though.  It will show you individual
DLLs but they are not tagged as 'belonging to DCOM98', so again you'll
have to look at MS' DCOM98 (or check your application's imports) to
see what's missing.

HTH