[Wine] IE install with Wine 0.9.12 under Debian Sarge

KGJ WOLFProductions at gmx.de
Thu Apr 27 16:39:50 CDT 2006

Hi,

David Dawson wrote:
> Has anyone got any Internet Explorer to install (and then hopefully run)
> with Wine under Debian Sarge?
> I tried all the methods I could find and have not been able to
> successfully do this.  I even tried wiping out the old ~/.wine dir and
> starting fresh, but to no avail.  I would appreciate info on this.
>
> Thanks

What version of Wine are you using? The original Sarge one, one from
http://www.backports.org/ or a self-compiled CVS one? If you use the
Sarge version I'd recommend you to update because it is very old.
The last time I tried it it worked with this description:
http://blog.drinsama.de/erich/en/linux/2006040302-msie-on-linux OK most
of it are security things and I ignored them. Points 5 and 6 are the
important ones. In the current CVS it might be possible to install the
IE without the DCOM98 and DLL overriding things but I can't say this for
sure.

Greetings KGJ