[Wine] Re: Wine is very slow

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 05:41:36 CDT 2006

Exeter wrote:
> If you don't like attitude why post in usenet?
> It's not like this is a mailing list.

Rating: +4, funny :)

David Shaw wrote:
> The kind of totally unprovoked abuse which we were
> commenting on does not demonstrate either moral, technical or
> evolutionary superiority over the rest of us mere mortals - rather, it
> simply demonstrates superior ignorance

OTOH, unprovoked abuse and superior ignorance CAN be funny.
It's fun to watch and it's fun to do (for fun, not if you ARE
ignorant), and as long as the other party agrees to it, it's no harm
either, except for the spam factor for those that do not think it's
fun to watch.

I'm not defending Segin here - his comments were totally uncalled for.

I'm saying that I did like the old FidoNet way of doing things.
You would have discussion forums for this and that, and then you'd
have a special "flames" subcategory where heated discussions and
unprovoked attacks were deferred.

An argument starts getting heated?  Everyone else just said "take it
to flames" and off they go.  Either ends up with them agreeing, or a
major flamefest.  In cases where it ends in flamefest, it's rather fun
to watch (or even join) if you're in that mood.  The end result is
that nobody has to deal with emotional buildup - you can let
everything out in .flames.

(There was of course also those that didn't subscribe to .flames - in
those cases, when people said "take it to flames", the argument would
per definition just end there with an "ok, nuff said" or something.
Nobody actually carried it on, since everyone understood that personal
attacks belonged there.)