[Wine] What version of Wine am I running?

Claude D Jones claudedjones at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 08:22:09 CDT 2006

On Sat April 29 2006 6:06 am, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:

> > Is Wine 20050830 the same as wine-0.9.12-1.fc4? Last fall, I installed
> > Wine from source - that's the Wine 20050830. Do I have two Wine versions
> > installed, or does this look normal?
>
> You very probably have 2 wine versions installed - 20050830, that lives in
> /usr/local/..., and the 0.9.12 in /usr/...
>
> go to the 20050830 source directory and run 'make uninstall' as root.
> it will remove all 20050830 wine binaries in /usr/local.
>
> notice there are also fedora core 5 rpm packages for wine 0.9.12.

Thanks to you and Stephan, I see what's happened. I did run your make
uninstall command, and that has removed 20050830. Now, my configuration is a
bit of a mess. I'll try to get things going again - perhaps my best course is
to just delete /.wine and start over? I don't have that much stuff running
right now, so it wouldn't be such a big deal. IE for example, is giving me
messages about not being configured for this user, but if I try to reinstall
it, it tells me it's already installed, and then fails on continuation.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA