[Wine] Re: Wine is very slow

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 14:16:57 CDT 2006

C. J. Clegg wrote:
> I guess that means that all of you who are posting from the mailing
> list get your email addresses circulated all over the internet and
> added to about eleventy gazillion spam lists.
>
> Right?

Yes.

> Seems to me this should be made more clear to those who subscribe to
> the mailing list, so that they don't get too surprised when their spam
> volume goes up an order of magnitude or two.

Good point, we should do that.

That said, the days of hiding your email address to avoid spam is long gone.
Use a proper spam filter and you'll never see any of it.

In my Gmail, I get about 40 posts a day in the 'spam' folder.
I look if anything stands out, if not, click "All", then "Mark Read"
and they're gone in 30 days.
Takes about 20 seconds a day.

At work we have a gateway that filters out spam and sends a daily
digest listing what it caught.
I can release mail myself, but it does a false positive about once
every two months, so it's not like it's a problem.

AFAIK, there's plenty of open source antispam software out there too.

So I don't see the point in hiding your e-mail address anymore, I
think it's a thing of the past.