[Wine] Re: Wine is very slow

C. J. Clegg reply.to.newsgroup at nospam.no
Sat Apr 29 17:18:51 CDT 2006

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 14:41:26 -0500, "James Hawkins"
<truiken at gmail.com> wrote:

>> The users and developers requested this feature.  Many in the wine
>> community felt the need for an online forum, in addition to a mailing
>> list, and no one wanted to maintain said forum, so we relinked the
>> usenet group, the online forum access being google groups.  I don't
>> see any problem in opening up the wine community by including this
>> group.  Previously, the two were separate entities that (most of the
>> time) didn't intermingle.  Now we have an even larger community to
>> foster ideas and help users.

Good evening, James.

That would be fine, but you really should hide the email addresses of
the people who post on the mailing lists, otherwise they're sure to
see a huge upswell of spam in their mailboxes (spam filters
notwithstanding) and they'll be mighty pissed off once they find out
how it happened.