[Wine] What version of Wine am I running?

Segin segin2005 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 21:34:40 CDT 2006

claudedjones at gmail.com wrote:
> If I type the following from the cli:
>
> [cj at vrproductions2 ~]$ wine
> Wine 20050830
> Usage: wine PROGRAM [ARGUMENTS...]   Run the specified program
>        wine --help                   Display this help and exit
>        wine --version                Output version information and exit
>
> [cj at vrproductions2 ~]$ rpm -qa | grep wine
> wine-devel-0.9.12-1.fc4
> wine-arts-0.9.12-1.fc4
> wine-tools-0.9.12-1.fc4
> wine-jack-0.9.12-1.fc4
> winetools-0.9-3jo
> wine-0.9.12-1.fc4
>
> Is Wine 20050830 the same as wine-0.9.12-1.fc4? Last fall, I installed Wine
> from source - that's the Wine 20050830. Do I have two Wine versions
> installed, or does this look normal?

The source version is either overriding the RPM install's file or $PATH
presedence. Type in 'who wine'. If it return /usr/local/bin/wine, that's
  the source version. You can remove it by going to the source tree and
typing

make uninstall

and wait as it remove it. If this fails, delete these files:

/usr/local/bin/wine*
/usr/local/include/wine/
/usr/local/lib/wine/

and that should do it.

Then, install Wine like so:
yum install wine wine-devel wine-arts wine-tools wine-jack

I suggest that you don't use Winetools unless you absolutely need it.