[Wine] Installing IE6 and msnmsgr

stephenwq at gmail.com stephenwq at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 22:29:32 CDT 2006

Hello,
I am trying to messenger working, and so have read up the page on it. I
installed DCOM98 and set DLL overrides in wine config.
So i proceeded to install IE6. Just opening the file would show me the
window, and i click accept and next. it immediately hangs and
eventually exits. I wonder whats going on so i type
wine ie6setup.exe into terminal
Same window comes up, i have what its doing though this time.
Error shown was:
wine client error:e: write: Bad file descriptor //This shown around 50
times
wine client error:e: err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 520 bytes
in thread 000e eip 002f40f5 esp 03b67df8 stack 0x3b68000-0x3c6800

Log of terminal:
http://mirrage.dynamized.com/downloads/errorlog.txt