[Wine] WineOn64Bit

Grahame White grahame at regress.homelinux.org
Sat Aug 5 04:38:59 CDT 2006

On Monday 31 July 2006 15:50, Maximilian Kormann wrote:
> Hello to all.
>
> I have a VERY important correction to this article.
>
> To compile wine on Debian Etch amd64 (kernel 2.6.17) you'll need some
> changes:
>
> 1. You don't need to make the X11R6 symlinks
> 2. The package "ia32-libs-dev" does not longer exist, you need
> libc6-dev-i386 3. make and make depend have to be run with
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/lib32"
>
> I hope now it is all

I've gotten wine to build on my amd64 box with the following:

LDFLAGS="-L/lib32 -L/usr/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/emul/1a32-linux/usr/lib"  ./configure
make depend
make
#make install

it compiles and installs fine and even runs a number of programs OK. The
main problem I'm having is that my soundcard (A nasty SBLive! 24bit thing)
is only supported by ALSA and I'm not sure how to get wine to use my card.
winecfg doesn't show an ALSA driver under the audio tab.

Grahame