[Wine] USB support in wine for TDK CD/DVD Print Labeller

Nick Law nlaw at mic-nucmed.co.uk
Thu Aug 17 03:52:37 CDT 2006

Does anybody know whether wine works with USB ports or not ?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to get the application TDK CD/DVD
Printer Labeller Software running, the software appears to work except
for the fact it complains that "The printer is turned off or not
connected to the computer".

Is there some other layer of software that needs to be installed for USB
to work ?

I'm running Suse 9.3 and even without wine KDE doesn't appear to
ackowledge that  I've plugged a USB device in.  I guess I'm expecting a
little icon to pop up in the right hand corner telling me I've got new
hardware, however maybe it doesn't do that ?

If I use YAST to check out the hardware info, it does see the USB ports
and it even recognises a casio unclassified device plugged in, so I
guess it's possibly a wine problem, are there any checks that I can
perform in wine regarding USB ?