[Wine] Re: Double-clicking Windows .exe's (was "What apps work in Wine")

Legine legine.wine at web.de
Wed Aug 23 10:12:02 CDT 2006

I found this relating Viruses and wine

Well this is a very old resource: (1999?)

If you try to run applications infected by a virus,
sometimes you get a fixme-message ending up with
"(possible Virus Infection or broken binary)!".  Up to
now this always is a sign for a real virus infection.
Newer virus checkers will normally find the virus. If
your virus checker does not report an infection, it is
out of date, not very good or you got a really new virus
not known by the virus checker.

Over a year old, but here is another nice regression testing on 5 Viruses.
http://os.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/01/25/1430222&from=rss

Well, it is better to think they work then not. But vor now it looks like
 the damage a virus can do is rather minimal.
Rootkit are out of question and trojans, hmm well I am unsure about them.

Maybe we should see if we can collect some and do some new testing :P

Cheers