[Wine] Re: printing issue with notepad and some other apps

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Fri Aug 25 12:21:32 CDT 2006

Stefan Munz wrote:
> I can provide you information on what I've trying to do and test patches if it
> helps. I can code C/C++, but did'nt provide any wine patch until now.
> Line wrapping isn't that important for me personally. But that my printer just
> cuts off about 1cm at the left side and the bottom really hurts ;-)

The notepad code is trivial, and is contained in two small files. Take a
look at your wine programs/notepad directory. Please jump in and submit
patches :-) I am a hardware guy who occasionally submits patches, not a
"real" developer ;)

>> Also, there is a wine developer working on a revamping of the Wine
>> printer code itself. Hopefully some of that will make it's way into Wine
>> sometime soon.
> Do you know who it is, maybe I should contact him directly?

It is Detlef Riekenberg. He has posted a couple of detailed messages
about where he intends to go. I have no idea what the current status is.